‘Emet, H571אֱמֶת, is a Hebrew word meaning “firmness, faithfulness, truth, sureness, reliability, stability, continuance, faithfulness.”
The first time the word “emet” appears is in Beresheit (Genesis) Chapter 24 verse 27 –
Beresheit (Genesis) 24:27:And he said, “Blessed be YAHWEH, Elohim of my master Abraham, who has not left off His kindness and Histruthwith my master, I being in the way, YAHWEH guided me to the house of the brother of my master.”
– The truth here signifies Yahweh’s firmness, reliability, sureness, constancy, and faithfulness in dealing with Eliezer’s master – the man we know as Avraham (Abraham). Eliezer prayed to Yahweh to show him to the house of Avraham’s brother to fetch Ribqah (Rebekah) to be a wife for Yitshaq (Isaac).
– As delineated in the illustration above, truth is the “sign of the mighty leader.” If you take the aleph away, you are left with the Hebrew word “met” which means “death” – “sign/mark of Chaos or sign/mark of blood “
The word “emet” is derived from the Hebrew word‘âmanH539אמן which means “to build support for or make firm.” It is the root for emet (truth), amein/amen(to let it be firm), and emunah (faith).
Here’s some Scripture examples of what “Truth” means:
Shemu’el Beyt (2 Samuel) 7:28:And now, O master Yahweh, You are the Elohim, and Your Words aretruth, and You speak this goodness to Your servant.
Tehellim (Psalms) 25:4-5:
(4) Make me know Your ways, O Yahweh; teach me Your paths;
(5)lead me in Yourtruthand teach me; for You are the Elohim of my Y’shua*; on You I wait all the day long.
– Two interesting things here: 1) the Psalmist relates 3 things as synonymous – Yahweh’s ways, paths, and truth.; and 2) he says Yahweh is the Elohim of his Y’shua, this is the first time the word Yahshua is mentioned as a word and not a name, it means salvation.
Tehellim (Psalms) 25:10:All the paths of YAHWEH are mercy andtruth to those keeping His covenant and His testimonies.
Tehellim (Psalms) 119:43: And do not take the Word of Truthcompletely out of my mouth; for I have hoped in Your judgments.
Tehellim (Psalms) 132:11-12:
(11) יהוה has sworn intruthto Dawiḏ; He does not turn from it, “Of the fruit of your body I set upon your throne.
(12)“If your sons guard My covenant And My witnesses that I teach them, Their sons shall sit upon your throne forever.”
Yochanan (John) 8:45-47:
(45)And because I speak thetruth, you do not believe Me.
(46)Who of you rebukes Me concerning sin? But if I speaktruth, why do you not believe Me?
(47) The one who is of Elohim hears the Words of Elohim; for this reason you do not hear, because you are not of Elohim.
There are several more Scriptures, not listed in this study, that add more context and color what we know as truth. The “truth” that we need to seek is the truth of Almighty Yahweh and the truth of His word. I pray this word study helps you in your understanding in the Scriptures. May you be blessed while you seek out His truth!