Qorintiyim Aleph (1 Corithians) 11:3
The Headship or “Order of Authority” mentioned in 1st Corinthians 11 verse 3:
“But I would have you know that the head of every man is Messiah, and the head of the woman is the man, and the head of Messiah is Elohim.”
While you may be led to believe that the emissary Sha’ul (Apostle Paul) is introducing a new idea, establishing a “church” tenet, or dispelling myths/lies/traditions, the fact is that this truth has been established since Beresheit – The Beginning. I hope that with study, we can dispell some myths and misunderstandings and gain a better understanding of the truth of the Father’s amazing plan of creation and balance. We will examine the scriptures and the previously mentioned verse from 1 Corinthians 11 to better understand the Headship and order of authority.
Qorintiyim Aleph (1 Corithians) 11:3: “But I would have you know that the head of every man is Messiah, and the head of the woman is the man, and the head of Messiah is Elohim.”
– The evidence of this statement by Sha’ul can be found in Beresheit (Genesis):
Beresheit (Genesis) 1:1,3:
(1) “In the beginning Yahweh created the heavens and the eretz (Land/Earth).”
(3) “And Elohim said, “Let light come to be,” and light came to be.
– If you will think back one of the previous studies, Yahweh created the universe by His Words. As Yochanan (John) expounded for us in Chapter 1 verse 1 through 3 – “The word was from Elohim and with Elohim and nothing was created without the word” (I am paraphrasing here, but you get the picture). Also, in verse 3, we see the creation of the “light,” another reference to the Messiah –
Yochanan (John) 12:46: “I have come as a light into the world, so that no one who believes in Me should stay in darkness.”
– Yahushua came into to the world to dispell the darkness just as he died for our sins to remove us from darkness. The first part of the Headship is established right here – Yahweh our Elohim is first and below Him is Yahushua the Messiah.
Beresheit (Genesis) 2:21-23:
(21) So יהוה Elohim caused a deep sleep to fall on the man, and he slept. And He took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh in its place.
(22) And the rib which יהוה Elohim had taken from the man He made into a woman, and He brought her to the man.
(23) And the man said, “This is now bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh. This one is called ‘woman,’ because she was taken out of man.”
– Woman was then created as man’s helpmeet. He could have created woman out of the earth just as he created man, and yet he choose to make woman from man – that way they would be echad (One flesh) as it continues in verse 24: “For this cause a man shall leave his father and mother, and cleave to his wife, and they shall become one flesh.”
Beresheit (Genesis) 3:16: …”Your desire will be for your husband, and he will rule over you.”
– I quoted this section of the verse to underscore the remainder of the Headship order and directly quote the words of Yahweh Elohim. Because of the transgression in the Garden of Eden, man was placed in authority over the woman. And thus, we have the completion of the Headship: Yahweh – Yahushua – Man – Woman.
Please realize that these words come directly from the scriptures – they are his words not mine. Search out the truth of the scriptures for yourself, and let the Spirt of the Living Elohim lead you and give you understanding. I know that this goes against the status quo, some may even believe that this sets back advances in women’s rights, and I apologize if this offends. Again, these are not my words – they are the Fathers and He seeks our love through obedience. I pray these words challenge you and enrich your spiritual walk.