There has been a disturbing amount of news stories mentioning/concerning the death of Newborns and Infants. Many of these stories involve heinous acts of neglect, abuse, violence that should make any moral person shutter. Regardless of the mental stability of those that would destroy such and innocent gift from the Father, it all comes down to a choice – one that when carried to fruition cannot be taken back!
It brings to mind the Scriptural warnings to the Children of Yisra’el during their wanderings in the wilderness:
Wayikra/Vayikra (Leviticus) 18:21: And thou shalt not let any of thy seed pass through the fire to Molekh(Molech/Milcom), neither shalt thou profane the name of your Elohim: I am Yahweh.
Wayikra/Vayikra (Leviticus) 20:2-5:
(2) “Moreover, you shall tell the children of Yisra’el, ‘Anyone of the children of Yisra’el, or of the strangers who live as foreigners in Yisra’el, who gives any of his seed to Molekh; he shall surely be put to death. The people of the land shall stone him with stones.
(3) I also will set my face against that person, and will cut him off from among his people because he has given of his seed to Molekh, to defile my sanctuary, and to profane my set-apart name.
(4) If the people of the land all hide their eyes from that person, when he gives of his seed to Molekh, and don’t put him to death;
(5) then I will set my face against that man, and against his family, and will cut him off, and all who play the prostitute after him, to play the prostitute with Molekh, from among their people.
Tehellim (Psalms) 106:35-38:
(35) But were mingled among the heathen, and learned their works.
(36) And they served their idols: which were a snare unto them.
(37) Yea, they sacrificed their sons and their daughters unto devils,
(38) And shed innocent blood, even the blood of their sons and of their daughters, whom they sacrificed unto the idols of Canaan: and the land was polluted with blood.
Molekh was the deity worshipped by the Ammonites and the Phoenicians. When the Children of Yisra’el walk amongst these peoples, that joined themselves with them and offered up the children as burnt offerings/sacrifices in the Valley of Hinnom. They were warned, by Mosheh (Moses) not to perform these abominations, not to join themselves to these people who were cutting off the “seed of Elohim.” It all came down to CHOICE! They chose to be disobedient to the words of their Elohim – the one who produced signs and wonders in their midst and the one who delivered them with His mighty right arm.
Finally, what does Yahweh say to those whom make that CHOICE and take the lives of the innocent:
Shemoth (Exodus) 20:13 & Devarim (Deuteronomy) 5:17: “You shall not murder.”
Tehellim (Psalms) 94:23: He has brought on them their own iniquity, And will cut them off in their own wickedness. Yahweh, our Elohim, will cut them off.
I pray that Elohim, in His infinite wisdom, stand for righteousness and swiftly act with justice for the innocent lives that have been destroyed. May we all see the right-ruling of our Elohim in these days!